Fact # 5 is that cravings of any kind indicate an imbalance in your diet. Yes. I really know what I’m talking about here. So, if your are craving so much you can’t follow the basic 3 in the previous blog…do this:
- Before you start working on the basic 3 reset your appetite and reduce cravings by:
- Drink a protein shake between meals – between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner.
- Take the amino acid L-Tyrosine 500 mg every morning which will help you think more clearly and will reduce cravings
- Take the amino acid 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5HTP)50 mg every evening*** which will reduce cravings esp. for carbohydrates
- Stop drinking /eating sugary drinks/foods as this triggers the need for more sugar. Switch to using Agave nectar or Stevia as sweeteners. Do not drink Diet drinks if possible. Swear off soda for 2 weeks if you can.
***BEfore you take any supplements, you should consult with your health care provider. Do NOT take 5HTP if you are on medication for depression