How do you do that? Use the Step Method.
- Make your goal to lose NO MORE THAN 10% of your current weight.
- If you weigh 200 pounds, that means you would set a goal to lose 20 lbs. If you weight 300 pounds, lose 30 pounds and so on.
- Next, see if you can maintain that 10% loss for at least one straight month.
- Do not be tempted to keep losing weight. Remember how many times you’ve stayed on a diet for too long and then threw caution to the wind and overeating. What comes next? You know….you have the thought “I’m off my diet, I might as well just give up.”
- NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS – DO NOT STOP BEING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE. Keep walking or swimming or doing yoga. If you get bored with this, try kick boxing or dancing. Keep your body moving!!
- After you’ve maintained your 10% of weight loss, then if you choose, ramp up your plan and work on losing another 10%. After you’ve accomplished this, maintain again for at least one month.
Important Success Tips
- Don’t start your weight loss program unless you feel committed and ready to do what it takes.
- Don’t every “go on a diet” – this means don’t ever go hungry; don’t keep yourself from eating three meals a day and 1-2 snacks. Remember you have to eat to lose weight.